Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Exploring Guimaras Island


This is still part of my Road Trip from Gensan To Iloilo, and been here in Guimaras Island so many times already. This is my father's hometown, and  the first time that i was here was year 1996. I heard about this place from  the stories of my grandfather, especially during Japanese Era in the Phils.

Guimaras Island, is a peaceful and full of lush greenish scenery. Known for its beautiful beaches and mangoes, the island is gradually visited by locals and internationals. They celebrating their yearly Mango Festival showcasing their local mango products. The Guimaras Mango is known as the sweetest mango in the world and by ensuring  the quality of their mangoes, the government  is very strict not  to allow any mango seeds to enter the island.

It's also expected that the island is abundant for seafoods. Crabs are the best here and very cheap. It cost us P180.00/kilo. 

fishermen were preparing to catch crabs


Since known for their beaches, its expected that my kids  never missed  the chance to go swimming. While visiting some of my relatives, my kids went to Vilches Beach owned by my great grandfather. He is 100 years old now. WOW!! Hopefully, I can reach an age like that..malabo na siguro..hehehehe.








        









Add caption

Add caption
I wasnt able to took some photos of  breakfast foods..Why? because I was too hungry that time and dying to ate the fresh crabs and sinigang na isda served. Plus imagine, the one serving of fish, grabe super dami, its a privileged daw because we were relatives of the owner. Me ganun talaga? hahaha.


Our relatives invited us next year for a 101 birthday celebration of our great grand father. This might be an awesome party!

Hopefully we can visit the place again.

 Vilches Beach
San Enrique (Lebas) San Lorenzo Guimaras
cel # 09177173203/09156711276






No comments:

Post a Comment